Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Visa Label free or VEVO

Ok so, we did not get our Visa Labels on our passports.

By the time, I got around to doing it, the Consulate in Dubai started charging us for the facility - so I ditched it. For my own peace of mind, I researched on how safe it was.

Here is  what i got from DIAC. : About your visa


Basically all it says is that ,

Australian authorities do not require a visa label in your passport to travel to, or enter or remain in Australia.


All Australia bound international commercial airlines and cruise ships are required to verify with Australian authorities that you have an Australian visa before you travel to Australia. Information on your visa status and entitlements is available on the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system." 

They however, do mention that should we be transiting through countries, we need to check with   the respective governments on their say on the matter. 
They however, do mention that should we be transiting through countries, we need to check with   the respective governments on their say on the matter.
 
In our case, all ports of exit form Kuwait would require me to be in Dubai or India and/ or Singapore before I get to Australia. 

Kuwait - of course, am a resident - no issues. 

Dubai - am a professional resident in a GCC country (Kuwait) so again - Visa on arrival and so no issues. 
India - well, I am a citizen. 
Singapore - as an Australian PR and Indian National - i get Visa on Arrival so no issues. 
Looks like I am good to go :)

So what is VEVO? 

Click here

I got all my details here - and sure hope you do too :)















No comments:

Post a Comment